Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Taking the call

SHIT! What the hell did I do?

Elina's handphone rang.

Looking at the caller id, she didn't pick it up.

It rang again.

This time, she picked it up.

"Elina"

She kept quiet.

"Hello?"

She cleared her throat.

"Yeah, I'm here."

"Yup. Urm..well.."

"No. I just called just now.. just to.. urm.. "

Man, this is awkward!

"well.. just to say how inappropriate it was for me to act that way. I just.. I didn't know what got into me" Elina mumbled.

Silence.

For another few seconds.

"It's okay.."

Silence.

"Is there anything you want to ask?" Elina asked.

Silence. For a few seconds.

"Are you like seeing someone?"

Elina just listened to the words said by the caller.

She kept quiet, in her mind trying to arrange the words to say what her condition was now.

"It's complicated. But I really want us to try this again. I'm so sorry for just now. Start over? How does that idea sound?"

Silence again.

"Yeah. That would be great."

Elina smiled.

"I'll call you. You've had a rough night. Get some sleep, k? Take care"

"Take car..."

He hung up.

At least he agrees to starting over.

Elina then took her towel, and went to the bathroom to take a bath.

No comments: